Just in the last few days I’ve been thinking about making some clothes for the boys. After I made a couple of drawstring toy bags for Addison I decided to try and sew a pair of shorts for Preston using the left over fabric.

I used a pair of shorts to make a pattern which turned out ok, not perfect but it was close enough and the shorts worked. After this I was keen to alter the pattern to make it better and get some more fabrics to try another pair of shorts.

The pattern I drew up this time was much better but turned out that the shorts were a bit big on Preston and were more Addi’s size.

The sock monkey shorts I made the first time for Preston were very basic. This pair of shorts I decided to make a little more detailed. I added a cuff to the legs in a different matching colour from some scrap material I had with little flaps and buttons to hold them in place.

 

I think I probably did the cuff the hardest way possible (as it was an after thought) and have learnt for the next pair I make. But it still worked out ok.

Here are the photos of the shorts on both Preston and Addi. The fabric is really cute with little teddy bears, houses and trees. Better yet, it was on clearance for $3 a metre!!!

Categories: Arts & Crafts

One Response so far.

  1. Gran says:

    Clever girl, Melissa. The boys look so cute in them too.

Leave a Reply


Recent Recipes

Cinnamon Donut Holes

Posted on Apr - 10 - 2016

0 Comment

Mini Nutella Cheesecakes

Posted on Dec - 30 - 2013

0 Comment

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Posted on Feb - 28 - 2013

0 Comment

White Chocolate Caramel Fudge

Posted on Feb - 27 - 2013

0 Comment

Recent posts

FODMAP The Necessary Change

Posted on Apr - 5 - 2017

1 Comment

Easter Sunday 2016

Posted on Mar - 27 - 2016

0 Comment

Easter Phone Snaps

Posted on Mar - 26 - 2016

0 Comment

Sponsors

  • The Whimsical Wife
  • BumbleBee Boutique - Creations for your Bump, Baby and Beyond
  • Emma Martin - Intimo Consultant for Maternity Wardrobe: Underwear and Fashion
  • Jade Jessica Photography